Saturday 9 January 2016

My Goal for 2016 is -----

Well, it has been quite a while since I wrote a blog, and my goal for this year is to faithfully post one a week. A lot has happened since my last entry
(April 2015) so here goes.


First of all, happy new year to you all. My husband and I celebrated at Tulalip Resort with a bus tour from Kamloops.


Since April, I attended several fibre events, with the largest and busiest being Knit City in Vancouver. This was the 4th year of this event and it gets better every year. I have already booked my space for October 2016.

I have been having a great deal of fun with my yarn dyeing, and I have chosen to dye only 3 bases - merino/nylon superwash fingering (great sock yarn), merino/Stellina superwash fingering (a sparkly yarn, great for shawls) and merino/cashmere/nylon fingering - super soft and luxurious.
Here are a few of my colourways:


 
The sparkly yarn is called "Maryanne's Sparkle"




And I designed my first pattern "Maryanne's Shawlette" which I give away with the purchase of the yarn.




Last but not least, is "Maryanne's Bliss", the merino/cashmere blend. I have dyed several skeins in a gradient fashion and here is a shawl I made
showing the effect.









No comments:

Post a Comment