Thursday 4 July 2019

WOW - has it been that long?

I can't believe how long I have ignored my blog. Must be busy or something.

One of my new projects was/is the "temperature blanket" idea that I found on Facebook last year. The idea is you crochet/knit one row a day, depending on the temperature of the day. I checked the temperature around 9:30 a.m. each day, I made my graph, and assigned the temperature to colours:

Below -10C - multi colour
-9 - 0C - teal
1 - 5C - blue
6-10C - green
11-15C - purple
16-20C - pink
above 21C - gold

I started January 1, and ended June 30 with a few days missing due to not being home. I am starting another, as of July 1 and will continue until the end of the year.

I used a simple crochet stitch - chain 130, then Row 1 single crochet, Row 2, half double crochet, and that was used to the end.


So you can see early in January, our temperature was mild for the month, then we got a spell of really cold weather, thus the multi. This spell of cold weather doomed the apricots and peaches for the year - in January the budding started due to the warmth, and then the freeze killed them, so no fruit this year from those trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment