Friday 26 August 2016

It's been a while ........

Yes, I did not meet my goal for 2016, which was to write a blog once a week. So it's time for some catching up.

In May, my husband and I cruised to Alaska for the 4th time. The previous cruises were in the summer and we had gorgeous weather. Ketchikan, Alaska claims to be the rainiest town in all of North America, but we had yet to see a drop of rain. So cruising in May gave us a bit of trepidation. We flew to San Francisco from Kamloops, and spent 3 nights there.

Boy, did we get rain! Our first day in San Francisco was gloomy, but the second day when we took the cable car was a downpour. But we had umbrellas!
We boarded the Norwegian Gem and cruised under the Golden Gate bridge, but I have to admit that cruising under the Lion's Gate bridge in Vancouver is much more exciting! And guess what? The sun came out and stayed with us the entire time we cruised, for the next 8 days.
Sunburned in May in Alaska!
We visited Sitka, Icy Strait Point and Ketchikan, and I managed to find yarn stores in Sitka and Ketchikan.

We are heading back to Alaska for the 5th time next May. I belong to a Tuesday night knitting group (Needlemaniacs) and discussion came up about a group cruise. Before long, at least 9 knitters and 3 husbands have signed up! 
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment